HALIBUT TOSTADAS WITH CILANTRO-LIME CREMA
PAIRED WITH 2021 O'BRIEN ESTATE SAUVIGNON BLANC
Spring 2022 Newsletter
· 1 1/2 pounds halibut pieces
· 5 tablespoons lime juice
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 8-12 4” corn tortillas
· Vegetable oil
· ½ cup sour cream
· 3 T mayonnaise
· ¼ cup chopped cilantro
· 2 limes, juiced
· 1 lime, zested
· 1 small clove garlic finely minced
· 1/8 t paprika
· Sea salt and pepper, to taste
· 1 ripe avocado
· 2 cups shredded cabbage
· ¼ cup cilantro leaves
· Fresh salsa
1. Rinse halibut and cut into ½ - ¾ inch cubes. Pour 4 tablespoons lime juice over fish: sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice & zest, garlic, paprika, and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Pour ½ inch oil into a large nonstick frying pan. When surface looks rippled, drop a tortilla into oil and cook, turning once, until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly. Repeat to fry remaining tortillas. Discard oil and wipe pan clean.
4. Set pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add fish to pan along with lime juice, cover, and cook until opaque in the center (cut to test), 4-6 minutes.
5. Pit, peel, and slice avocado. Place a fried tortilla on each plate and layer equally with shredded cabbage, halibut with its juices, crema, avocado slices, cilantro leaves, and fresh salsa. Serve with slices of lime.
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.